Friday, September 23, 2011

A Blogging Award? For ME?

Linda over at Stray Stitches awarded me with an award:
Thank you, Linda!

There are rules to this award...
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself on the post.
3. Pass the award to fifteen bloggers that you think deserve it.
4. Lastly, contact all of the bloggers that you've picked for the award.

Here are seven things about me...
1.  I have 2 sons, hence the title of my blog, and I love being a mama of boys!
2.  I am a hunter...of big game, you know, elk, deer, etc. but I have yet to actually "seal the deal."
3.  I'm pretty new to quilting, but it is definitely a passion.
4.  I love thunderstorms, especially those in the summer.
5.  I would love to be good enough at it to be able to decorate cakes as a job.
6.  I sometimes feel like I've missed out on something by not growing up in a small town, I blame this on listening to country music (although I do listen to many kinds of music).  I do think the small town way of life is something that would suit my family.
7.   After seeing some of the online quilting bee groups that make a block for each other each month, I created a local group like these.  We are currently into our second year and it's so fun to see people's skills developing (including my own) and friendships forming! 


Now, I will pass this award on to 15 of my favorite bloggers (though, really, I love so many).  Most of these are "smaller" bloggers so I hope you will visit their blog, show them some love and if you like what you see, become a follower, because we all love new followers!


If any of you came over from Stray Stitches and are new to my blog, welcome.  
I haven't been blogging very consistently lately as we've been adjusting to new schedules with work, school, etc.  I hope to get back in the groove and post more very soon!

Have a Fabulous Friday and Wonderful Weekend!


2 comments:

Wendy said...

Congrats!!

Leeanne said...

Congratulations! I too have been nominated.Nice visiting you, Hi from me here in New Zealand.