Friday, November 20, 2009

Holiday Decoration Blast From the Past


Have you ever seen one of these?
Did you ever decorate with one?

Either my mom, or a grandma, or both had one when I was young. When I was searching for ideas for my Baby's First Christmas theme wreath I'm making for the wreath auction at work (which I'd totally welcome suggestions for), I came upon the tutorial for the Baby Food Jar Christmas Tree.

I almost cried.

I hadn't thought about these in a LONG time and it just brought back the memories of the holidays in my past. Things seemed so simple then, probably just because I was a kid and didn't have a clue what was going on around me.

I wish things were that simple now - I suppose they could be if I adopted an "I don't care" attitude but I guess I'm too nice, or a sucker...I haven't decided which yet.

I'm totally going to make one of these trees this year! I need it, I need the idea of it.

No comments: