Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Transformation Part 2

This was a quick, no-sew project, there's not much, but you can see Part 1 here. This isn't a tutorial, all I did was use Heat 'n' Bond (so follow the directions on the package) to apply the images to the burlap that I covered the original wall hanging with. Easy 'nuff. First I had to sketch out what I wanted things to sort of look like and then I cut the pieces individually from the Heat 'n' Bond backed fabric. This allowed me to play with different layouts.
I used this Heat 'n' Bond because it was all that I had, probably could have used the heavier duty version for the burlap, but this worked just fine, just had to apply heat a little longer than the instructions indicated.

Don't forget when using Heat N Bond to keep in mind what side you need everything to be on or you'll end up with your images flipped. No big deal here, I just cut the tree into 3 sections and 'pieced' them together.


And....voila, a little family of owls (they represent the family members of my friend's family)!

I loved making it for you, Annie, and hope it works for what you need it to!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

So cute...I like the little guy on the far right!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your owl family is adorable!

Annie Lee said...

I do love it!! it's perfect! THank you thank you thank you!!!

Shannon said...

It is so cute!!!

PolkaDotClassic said...

The whole family is soooo cute!!
nice work
I just became your #27 follower :)
Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog
I left a reply for you comeover whenever you have a chance
Have a Happy sewing day
Marta