Thursday, April 21, 2011

So Much To Look At

I was holding up the backing of this quilt asking my husband which row was the shortest and he said there was so much to look at he couldn't figure out where I was asking him to look.  I told him, it's a Dr. Suess/Cat in the Hat quilt...it's supposed to be crazy!  Tell me I'm right.

Quilt top - blocks made by members of my local quilt group.  We're so original, we call ourselves The Quilt Block Ladies 
The Back - made by me


Something I read this week over at The Bitchy Stitcher  that totally fits this quilt:
(don't go if you can't handle the language, but I laugh at every post)
"
Babies need stimulation and perfectly straight lines are far too stultifying for young minds. This kid will be a fuckin' genius, no doubt."

I'm going to be working on getting this quilted in the next day or so.  I'm not sure yet how I'm going to do it - straight lines because that's all I'm comfortable with, but not sure what to follow.  Any suggestions?  I was thinking just 1/4 inch from the seams of the large blocks on the top, maybe 2 rounds...if that makes any sense.

4 comments:

Renegade Quilter said...

I freakin love that quilt! The brightness of it & all of the craziness going on. Great job. I also like your idea of quilting it.

Nancy said...

This quilt will be dragged all over by the child who is lucky enough to receive it. It will be loved and cherished. Great Job!

Sara said...

Men eh! The more color, the better, I always tell my hub:)

Maybe do some stippling?

Wendy said...

You're right, Dr. Suess is s'pose ta be crazy! I like it!!