Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Calvin!

(Cake by Aunt Robin)

Calvin turned a year old yesterday, but I didn't get my post done in time.  I'll just share some pictures from his Birthday party that was on Sunday.  Of course, leading up to and since that day, the weather has been beautiful - but since I scheduled his party outside, at a park, it was pretty windy and chilly that day (because that's how things work in our life).  We still had a great time and thank all of our family and friends who came to help us celebrate!  I can't believe it's been a year - the first year with Calvin seems to have gone by twice as fast as Hunter's first year....I guess just because now I'm trying to keep up with 2!

Ashleigh and Matt were in town so they (along with Tanner) came over to see the boys.  
Calvin had just woken up from a nap and he was not sure what was going on:
On the way to the park:
Hunter and Calvin waiting for our guests to arrive:
The cupcakes I made: 
*Cherry Chip cake with Vanilla frosting (orange) and a cherry on top
*Chocolate Fudge cake with Peppermint frosting (green) and chocolate chips on top
Homemade frosting adapted from this yummy recipe
Calvin didn't dig into his cake too much so we had to help him a little.  
He liked the cake part much better than frosting (doesn't get that from me):
Hunter, Brooklyn and McKade enjoying their cupcakes:
Uncle Burbs helped Calvin open all his great gifts:
This looks like one all the kids would like:
At least when it's windy you can fly a kite:

No comments: