Saturday, February 28, 2009

Oddball Baby Blankets

Have I told you that I joined the West Coast Oddball Knitters?  This is a charity group that knits blankets for newborn and preemies that might not otherwise get to enjoy a nice new blanket.  The idea is that each person assigned to work on a blanket will do their own 4 inch section, any color, any stitch pattern that follows the theme of the blanket.  I'm really excited to work on these blankets.  The first ones I'll get to help with are 'Fruity Pebbles' and 'Busy Bee' and I will post pictures before and after I do my section (I'm not really sure when my turn will be, but stay tuned!).  

Side note: I'm really loving this knitting thing...though I calculated the other day how many rows I'll need to do each day to finish my current blanket on time.  10 rows per day.  It may not seem like much, but considering I've only done like 3 rows since the day I calculated, I'm REALLY far behind!  Maybe I'll catch up one of these days (?)!

No comments: