Saturday, March 21, 2009

Going for a Stroll and More Girl Projects

Today was a beautiful weather day.  The temperature reached somewhere between 70 and 74 depending on which thermometer you were looking at.  The boys and I had ventured out to Nampa for a few errands and once we got home and got Calvin fed we decided we'd go outside and take a little 'stroll' and bike ride around 5:30.  This was Calvin's first time in the stroller outside - he got to use the small stroller last weekend when we went to the bookstore, but he liked his experience today better.  
Hunter led the way and would turn around to say hi to Calvin
my blue-eyed baby
my sweet boys
Calvin really was more excited than he looks in this picture, I swear

This evening Travis went to visit some friends, the boys went to sleep at decent times and I finished a couple more projects for Sara's baby shower tomorrow.  My first project was this applique-like ladybug in a frame.  I wanted a way to use leftover quilt fabric, I had the idea in my head of what I wanted it to look like, and while I'm not quite sure this is it, I still like it.  I hope she does too!  The ladybug is sandwiched between 2 pieces of glass, so the wall shows through on the back (hard to tell in this picture).  I couldn't decide if I should leave  it that way, add it to another piece of fabric, or what.  What do you think?

Next I worked on a butterfly appliqued onesie.  I bought a plain white onesie (size 12 months) that is really nice and thick - good quality - and I used some more of my leftover fabric from the quilt for these butterflies.  
So much fun to work on girl projects, but I imagine I could make some just as adorable for my (and others') boys!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi Bailey
I was going to leave a comment on the "Whatever" blog and saw the words "I'm from Idaho" so I clicked on your name. Apparently we're neighbors! I live in Meridian too! So I just thought I would say hi. :) From one mom of boys to another - have a GREAT weekend!

Kelly said...

Ha ha! That's so funny! Yes I am Kim's sister. Her oldest sister, there's one in the middle of us.
Small world indeed! :)

So do you sell Pampered Chef or were you just there helping out?

Anonymous said...

Hi Bailey!

It's AuburnChick...from KH. I have an Oddball Baby Blanket that's ready to travel to you.

Please send me an email and let me know if you're still interested in knitting on it.

Thanks a bunch!!