Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend Recap

Okay, so first off the Scentsy party/Ladies Night did not turn out the way I had planned.  I spent the ENTIRE day on Saturday cleaning.  I had overestimated my abilities.  Usually I can run through and get the house looking good between the time that I wake up the day of an event until the event itself.  I need to stop doing this, I know.  Last time it resulted in a broken leg, and this time - with a broken leg - it was WAY too much to handle.  By the time Scentsy party time rolled around, I was done!  I had been on my feet all day, my 'good' foot hurt (note to self - get new shoes) and my 'bad' foot - and entire leg - was super swollen.  I managed to get a shower in, but didn't even put on a hint of makeup, I just didn't care anymore!  

The Scentsy part of the night was fun, thanks to all of you who came and also sorry for not being more exciting.  Maybe some of it had to do with the fact that I kept getting people canceling on me all day, so it wasn't turning out to be what I had anticipated (I hate that I had certain expectations and was mildly upset about it not being the way I wanted - how selfish of me).  Afterward I was hoping that everyone would want to hang out and have a few drinks and then the guys could come over, the kids could be here, we could hang out and us girls could go somewhere and have a drink or two (I was looking forward to getting out somewhere).  Needless to say, I was not feeling up to leaving at all (as evidenced by no makeup, my jeans, tennis shoes and t-shirt).  The 'party girl' deep inside of me really wanted to just do it, but luckily the 'smart girl' in me punched 'party girl' in the face (or kicked her in her broken ankle) and told her to keep her ass home!  Though I am a little sad because the girls who did go out went somewhere I've never been and I know I would have had a great time, 'smart girl' doesn't always win, and she can have this one - gladly.  

So, here's what DID happen (and I don't have pictures because my camera battery was dead).  Travis, Hunter, Kerri (Matt's roommate), Becky and Brooklyn Lanningham and I hung out here and had an enjoyable time.  Becky and Brooklyn went to pick up the rest of their crew (as well as their neighbor and his son) from the Roadster Show.  In the meantime Matt and his friend Jennifer came over for a bit, then the Lanninghams decided they'd come back before heading home.  Shortly after Matt, Jennifer and Kerri left for the evening.  The kids all played until midnight when the Lanninghams went home.  It was a fun evening involving the kids (like most of our hanging out lately has been - which is great!) and by the time everyone left I was well past tired.  Hunter stayed up with us until 1am!  You may have been wondering about Calvin - luckily he had spent the night with my mom because he couldn't have slept through all that went on with the other 5 kids running around here.  (Side note: Hunter has not spent the night with anyone since Calvin was born - he's tried, but it hasn't worked out.  Anyone have ideas on what to do about that?).  

Sunday was another craft day and guess what?!  There were only 2 of us - again.  I keep telling myself this great idea we had will take off someday and we'll have 8 or more ladies who come routinely and we'll have the best crafting time ever at least twice a month.  All in good time, I'm sure.  This time we made our own laundry soap and it was so cool!  Annie got all of the ingredients (I'll do so next batch) and they say this recipe, which makes 5 gallons (!), costs around $2.50 to make.  It was SUPER easy and though I haven't tried it yet I am sure it works well.  I'll let you know when I use it for the first time!

Grated soap (not cheese) melting in water
Hunter doing the mixing for us
Annie pouring the soap into containers
The assortment of containers we had
And, what was still left in the bucket


We took the opportunity to work on our own projects a little.  
I only got like a row and a half done
(but not because my yarn wouldn't cooperate - 
because I didn't have much motivation)
Annie got one pair of jeans cut into circles

The soap making was productive, but that's about all I can say.  I'm going to start planning our next craft day so if you're interested let me know.  It's going to be a 'featured project day' so if you have any good ideas for a project most would enjoy working on (all skill levels will be there) let me know.  

I know for certain I won't have my knitting project done in time (next weekend), but I'm still going to work on it AND finish it.  In the meantime, I have materials for the replacement project and will post about that tomorrow!

No comments: