Monday, June 29, 2009

A New Addition to Our Family

We have another new addition to our family:
You may recall that Travis was given the opportunity to go on a guided antelope hunt just days after Calvin was born, and well, being the wonderful wife I am, I let him go.  So, eight months later, the antelope was ready to be picked up from the taxidermist.  That was a fun trip to pick it up - they have an amazing showroom and we got to go back in the work area where the owner was spray painting a hippo and there were many other fabulous works in progress.  Now, I'm not like a huge fan or expert of taxidermy - it's great and all, but I can't really tell you the difference between the good and the bad but I'd say they did nice work.  "Opie," as I'm trying to get Calvin to call him since he makes the same noise towards it as he does for 'dog,' hangs in such a place that you can see him from every room in the downstairs of our house.  He can even be seen while sitting on the toilet from the upstairs bathroom (if you have the door open and lean over kind of far).  Now that's hard core!

No comments: