Monday, October 5, 2009

Na, na, na, na, na....

Hunter wants to be Batman for Halloween, he already has a mask and I thought I could make a cape to help keep things on the cheaper side. We went and got fabric today, then after I got home I found this tutorial. I wish I would have found it before I went, and I would have made it double sided, just for future use. Oh well, luckily I had some yellow fabric on hand and some heat 'n' bond for the emblem (it was going to be just plain, but it's so much cuter with the emblem). I finished it in only about 2 hours, including finding the right pattern (which I ended up just improvising), cutting out both fabrics (the satin on top and cotton on inside), applying emblem, etc. Now I just need to get some velcro to add to the 'ties' part!

No comments: