Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mixed Media Weekend

Travis went hunting last night after work so the boys and I are hanging out around the house. Actually, we kind of have to hang out around the house because Travis had to come back and get my Explorer because his pickup was having issues and he was worried it wouldn't have made it in all the way to, or out of, their hunting camp. I stayed up until 4 am last night working on various projects. It was nice having some alone time. While I really could have put that time to better use (ex. cleaning my neglected house), it was much more fun doing the things I did. Maybe I can clean tomorrow.

I baked Chocolate Scotcheroos for the first time maybe ever. I've had them several times before, but I can't recall a time when I have actually made them. I ♥ them a lot!

Next I dyed my hair because it had been FOREVER since I've done so.

It's not really a whole lot different.


I took a picture of Hunter and myself since it had been too long since our last one and I decided to make a change.


I finished stamping the message on the inside of all of my Christmas cards so they are ready to be signed, sealed and delivered - but not until it's a bit closer to Christmas.


I started and completed my section of 'Jack Frost' - one of the current blankets being worked on by West Coast Oddball Knitters (my section is the top dark part only).


Today, Hunter and I finished painting some wooden Halloween decorations we had gotten awhile back from the craft store.


I did some more glass etching, in fact I finished the projects I had in mind (and had materials for). I'm trying to think if there are any other gift ideas I could do for anyone on my list. I didn't use the one set of initials I had printed out to somewhat match the first set of glasses I had done...it just wasn't "doing it for me" anymore. I ended up with this instead:


I'm fairly certain the people I'm making these gifts for don't read my blog....if for some reason they do, guess they won't be surprised much on Christmas. Ha! Actually, most of them can be for many different people I know so if you have a 'J' or 'A' for either your first or last initial...it could be you, but maybe not - guess you'll find out in 2 months (can you believe Christmas is only 2 MONTHS away?!)

I was going to stay up awhile again tonight and work on getting my backing for my quilt completed but I'm tired after only sleeping 5 hours last night (though I'm perfectly capable of functioning on that amount) so I think I'm going to call it a night "early" - it's already 11 pm.


1 comment:

Emily said...

I love looking at the projects you are working on! My husband and I really want to get into glass etching. We have done some etching and we really enjoy it!