Saturday, March 19, 2011

Superhero

Our Oddball knitting group was challenged to do a Superheo blanket. Maybe it's because I have two boys but when I read it, I really wanted to have my section include a 'logo' for a superhero rather than just colors to represent a certain character. I settled on Batman so I searched for patterns and found this one. Next, I had to learn how to knit with different colors in a pattern...yeah, I'm really going all out here. I was the second knitter on this blanket, it arrived at my house and the first section was a beautiful red, white and blue to represent Captain America. I had this blanket in my possession a little longer than most of the blankets I work on because I was searching for the perfect pattern and had to learn (and hence practice several times) a new technique before adding it to this project. Once I had it all figured out, I went to town on this blanket and it really didn't take that long to whip it out.

After I was done, I had loads of ends that I needed to weave in:

Overall I'm really happy with my section. I put a lot of time and effort into it and, while it is far from perfect, I'm proud of myself for taking the time to learn a new technique and spending time to make this a wonderful blanket for some lucky little boy (I'm assuming it will go to a boy, though I suppose some girls might appreciate it too).

Enjoy your Saturday. I'm getting my hair "did" and looking forward to a new cut and color!!!!

3 comments:

Lana said...

I wish I could knit...that is perfect...Don't forget to show off your new hair "did" and color!!

Nancy said...

Excellent! They little one who receives this blanket is going to have fun with all of these "super heroes."

Wendy said...

Awesome job on the batman! Hope your new "do" turned out the way you wanted!!