Monday, November 17, 2008

Crafty

Back in early 2007 my friend Annie and I decided to start doing craft project days.  I think we only had 2 or 3 such days, and I also did a couple with another friend, Sara Nally, as well.  Anyway, back then we (I) had great ambitions of it being something we'd do once or twice a month and invite a lot of friends to join us.  It would be fun to do different crafts and things, but mostly I was looking forward to the company of other adults - more specifically female adults.  I spend a lot of time with my boys, and I love every moment of it, but sometimes I need some kid free time and having something like a craft day is a great way to hang out with old friends, meet new friend and enjoy the company of other adults.  

Our first craft day we made sock monkeys

I'm now in the process of organizing another craft day and I have high hopes for this one.  Hopefully our first day will be this Saturday, I have a few people interested in coming.  Rather than everyone doing the same project, we're just all going to do our own thing.  I had started this rag quilt for Hunter about a month ago...well so far I've only got part of the squares cut, and that's it.  So I'm hoping if I can get a day where the kids are gone and I hang out with other ladies who are motivated to finish a project I can get it done soon.

I'll keep you posted on the progress of crafting days and any completed projects!

No comments: